Interior Design Tip - Simple Way to Class Up Dollar Store Wall Art

Would You Hang Dollar Store Wall Art? 

 Yes! Now you can.






Seems impossible that there could be a way to hang dollar store wall art and not have it look like some cheap disaster but here is one way to do it. And I very much like how these pieces look.

I bought 10 dollar store pieces of art. Each cost $1. They are pretty small (like 7" x 11") and have very thin cheap, plastic frames so hanging them alone looks shabby and cheap. But I had some unused scrap crown moldings that I painted a fresh, crisp white. I hung the dollar store art and then hung the crown moldings right underneath. 

And TADA! The artwork now looks chic and bold. Fits right with the rest of the decor. You wouldn't even know they are dollar store pieces. 



I love the contrast of the white against a solid colored, darker wall. It really gets your attention.






Cool Autumn leaves picture on a white wall with a bold navy blue crown molding hung underneath. Nice contrast!



Here's where I hung some of this dollar store art. In this hallway, one wall is a dark blue with white trim and white crown moldings. The other wall is white with the navy crown molding.



More pieces of art near the bar area. Again, nice contrast between the solid burgundy and solid white.



The dollar store has a bin of these inexpensive pieces of art. Just sort through them.

They have kitchen, bathroom, food, etc. themes so it should be easy for you to find some art that fits your taste and style. Really, some of the art is quite beautiful it just needs some proper framing.

I also have several others hanging in my bathroom with the same crown moldings underneath. It's an idea that works almost anywhere! 





Comments

Popular Posts