Whitewash Fabric Roses For Faux Aging

  Whitewash Fabric Roses For Rustic Aged Look

Shabby Chic Fake Roses



I whitewashed some logs and branches and decided to add some roses to my arrangement but they were just too brand new and out of place so I decided to whitewash the roses.

What you will need for this project: 

Dollar store roses
Dollar store white poster paint
Cup of water
Cotton swabs



Dollar store fake roses. Before.



Paint the fabric rose with white paint and watered down white paint. Mixing solid strokes of white paint and then watered down white paint. Free form or whatever looks nice to you. The fabric will soak in a lot of the paint so you may have to use several layers of paint and watered down paint. 

Let dry.


Dollar store faux roses after whitewashing.



Now my roses fit nicely with my rustic whitewashed wood. 
 

Comments

Popular Posts