Make A Halloween Disco Skeleton

How to Turn a Dollar Store Skeleton into a Disco Skeleton

Glitter Skeleton


What you will need for this project:

A dollar store plastic skeleton
Silver glitter
Glue
Dollar store glitter/glue combo
Cotton balls


Note: I made this craft harder on myself than it had to be so for reference you shouldn't take his body apart because he's difficult to get back together without losing a lot of glitter. Just keep him intact would be my suggestion.

Also, I would paint him with some type of primer paint or just plain old paint so that the glue and glitter adhere better to the plastic skeleton. 

But here is how I originally did this project:


I wanted a jazzier Halloween skeleton than the one I bought at the dollar store so I decided I would turn him (I call him Little Dude) into a disco skeleton with some glitter and glue.


Here he is, Little Dude, taking a rest.


Got my silver glitter and glue out.


Started dismantling him.


More dismantling.


Even more dismantling.


I worked on each piece individually. I covered each piece in glue and then sprinkled my silver glitter. This was a time consuming process


I used my dollar store glitter/glue combo for his eyes.




Gold glitter in the eye sockets. It goes on as a gel but dries flat and glittering gold. Then I used the red glitter/glue to give him red pupils.


Red pupils.
 

I put Little Dude back together.


Little Dude, just chillin.

Then I hung him from one of my lighting fixtures. I also unraveled some cotton balls to hang as cobwebs on the lighting fixture.



And that's it! I've got my own disco Halloween skeleton.

Comments

Popular Posts