Art Tip: Extra Work Space

Art Tip: Extra Work Space

 Recycle a Chicken Tray



I'm always in need of extra work space and storage areas for messy art projects.

I've found that using the Styrofoam trays that grocery stores use to sell chicken and other meats to be a great way to have more art work areas.

For example, when I use glue and glitter, I use the trays as overall catchalls in addition to paper catchalls. I also use them when I let some painted craft dry. And I use them to keep paint brushes and other assorted art tools stored and handy.  
 

What you will need for this project:

A used Styrofoam chicken tray.
Regular paint or spray paint.



First wash the trays in hot, soapy water. Make sure you clean the trays well as you don't want any contamination from raw meat juices that can make you sick. 

I paint the trays because that yellow color is just too jarring for me but you don't have to paint them if you clean them well. 

Let the trays dry. 




Then you can use either regular paint or spray paint of any color to coat the Styrofoam tray. I think regular paint works better and faster since it covers the Styrofoam easier.

Walmart sells white and black spray paints for $.99. So it a very inexpensive, but useful project.

Let dry. 

Now you have more work space area as you can use these trays without worrying about stains, glues, paints, etc. ruining your other surfaces.

















Comments

Popular Posts