Turn Wicker Baskets Into Candle Holders

Baskets Turned Into Candle Holders. 

Decorative Only





I turned two old wicker baskets into candle holders. Obviously, it is for decoration purposes only since I wouldn't want any flames near these.

What you will need for this project:

Wicker baskets that have a neck
Black core board from the dollar store
Black spray paint    
A highlight color - I used burgundy since it matched the burgundy candles I already had
   



I don't have a before picture of the baskets but they were your standard beige/tan color all over.

I spray painted them black and let them dry. I then took my burgundy highlight color and painted the wicker band around the center. This wicker band was built into the basket so it was an easy choice to highlight it. If you basket is plain you can still make your own highlight areas by adding the color where you would like it.

I then cut the black core board into small circles that would fit snuggly into the necks of the baskets without falling into the basket.

Then I just put my candles onto of the core board.

And FINI! A simple way to convert some baskets into candle holders.  










Comments

Popular Posts